Job Title: Assistant Librarian
Littleton Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, customer service oriented person to join our team as Assistant Librarian. This position is a critical resource for staff and patrons, providing extensive reader’s advisory to the public, assisting patrons in use of the library, and maintaining the adult fiction collection, including large print and audio book. This position requires excellent customer service and multitasking skills, as well as extensive reader’s advisory skills.
- Work at the service desk part of each day providing circulation, reference, reader’s advisory, and computer use assistance to library patrons.
- Manage the adult fiction collection, including large print and audiobook titles. Remain up to date with relevant reviews and new and upcoming releases. Order and process new materials. Deselect items on an ongoing basis.
- Handle the set-up and reconciliation of the weekly cash box. Make deposits.
- Order and monitor supplies- office, cleaning, and library supplies.
- Record and acknowledge memorial gifts. Select and purchase gift books.
- Responsible for building oversight in library director’s absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: Full time 35 hours a week Tuesday-Saturday schedule. Includes one evening.
Littleton Public Library offers a comprehensive benefits package, including single health insurance, short and long term disability, and paid time off.
Salary: $15-17/ hour.
To apply please send cover letter and resumé to Meagan Carr, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org