Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide reference assistance to the public.
- Order books, audiobooks, DVDs and CDs. Process them for addition to the collection
- Understands and follows the Kingston Community Library patron policies. Supports circulation staff with answering more complex patron inquiries, questions about fines, and resolving customer’s questions about circulation issues.
- Organizes materials for the front desk so staff is informed about library programming and meeting room policies and usage.
- Locating, requesting, and processing interlibrary loans for library users and filling requests from other libraries.
- Develop and host public programs in the library on various topics including technology. Serve as main contact for Downloadable books information.
- A team player. Enjoys working in a team environment and working to make the library an efficient and fun place to work.
- Always striving to improve processes and communication. Always working to make the workflow easier for everyone.
- Trains staff to provide the best customer service to library patrons. Trains them in the use of circulation software, interlibrary loans, processing library materials, program sign ups, and shelving.
- Works with circulation system help desk to learn about procedures and to resolve questions with the ILS.
- Manages Overdue calls and sends notices to patrons with circulation staff assistance.
Experience: MLS is preferred or Bachelor’s Degree and customer service experience. Previous library experience desirable. Knowledge of MS Office suite and Google calendar required. Experience helping public with technology matters required. Knowledge of WYSIWYG web authoring software preferred.
Salary: $14.70-$15.50 per hour.
Schedule: 32 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Submit resumé, cover letter and the contact information of three references as .PDF files via email at Director@kingston-library.org.