Pelham Public Library, Pelham, NH
Snapchat, Instagram, CrunchyRoll, Minecraft, Musica.ly, Pokémon Go… Know what I am talking about? Keep reading!
The Pelham Public Library in Pelham, NH (pop. 12, 897) seeks a full time Young Adult Librarian. This position, recently funded to full time with benefits, shows our commitment to the teens in our community.
A Masters in Library Science and a minimum of one year public library experience is required. Experience working with young adults is crucial. This can be in a library setting, a school, an
afterschool program or a summer program.
Specialized education, training or experience “may” be substituted for part of the educational requirement.
- Manage young adult print and non-print collections from selection through weeding.
- Manage busy after school environment in the library’s Young Adult Area
- Plan, organize, promote and implement young adult programs year-round
- Monitors trends and implementation of appropriate resources and apps for YA patrons
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress
- Facilitates social media outreach via various channels including Instagram and Facebook
- Provides direct patron support - predominantly to teens and children
- Facilitates school outreach and visits within local middle school and high school
- Recruits, trains and supervises young adult volunteers
- Maintains a creative and engaging space for teens by creating interactive bulletin boards and book displays
Open until filled but application review will begin April 28, 2017.
Please submit a resumé and a writing sample promoting a Young Adult program to Irja Finn, Director at email@example.com