Performs all duties related to the circulation of library materials including checkouts, check-ins, renewals, patron registration, reserves, and collection of fines and fees at the Circulation desk. Will occasionally be asked to fill in at Reference or Youth Services if the schedule demands it; will have some regular collection development responsibilities. Represents the library in a pleasant and helpful manner in all aspects of work.
Works under the supervision of the Circulation Department Head, with additional guidance from Administrative staff.
Provides limited direction to the page staff, may be asked to serve as department manager in absence of department head.
Qualifications: Bachelors Degree, Coursework towards or a MLS will be given strong value
Previous library experience: 1-3 years
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND DESIRABLE ABILITIES:
- Ability to meet people easily and get along well with others.
- Ability to express oneself clearly, concisely and pleasantly in the English language both orally, in person and over the phone, and in writing.
- Ability to handle minute detail.
- Accurate typing and word processing skills.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to handle situations with tact, courtesy, initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and punctuality.
- Knowledge of Spanish or an additional language is a plus.
Salary: $30,564.56-34,159.84 Steps on City Pay Scale
Closing Date: Open until Filled, Priority Given to Applications Received by June 2, 2017
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Sarah Moser, Director
Haverhill Public Library
99 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
firstname.lastname@example.org, email submissions strongly preferred, please do not call about this position