Performs all duties related to providing excellent information and reference service to library patrons. Assists patrons in the use of the library, including but not limited to, reference questions, reader’s advisory, and use of equipment and materials. Instructs patrons in use of all library electronic resources, including the Internet, library databases, and online catalog. Helps maintain, organize, and present all nonfiction, periodical, and audio-visual materials in the adult collection, subject to approval by the Reference and Information Services Department Head. Will help to serve in the Special Collections room when necessary; some knowledge of archival methods is a major asset. Will be asked to fill in at both Circulation and Youth Services desks.
This position is a part of the reference department and will spend the bulk of their time there. However, they will spend time in special collections two days a week and will act as a staff contact for contracted archival staff and vendors.
- Master of Library Science Degree from an ALA-accredited institution is required; may consider current enrollment in MLS program and applicable experience for the right candidate
- Demonstrated facility and experience with the Internet, electronic databases, Microsoft Office products, and integrated library systems
- Demonstrated facility and/or experience working with the public in a diverse urban environment
- Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Familiarity and comfort with standard archival practices is helpful
Salary: $ 38,327.12-45,376.24 in 5 Steps on City Pay Scale, Full benefits
Closing Date: Open Until Filled, Priority Given to Applications Received by June 2nd
How to Apply: Send resumé and cover letter to:
Sarah Moser, Director
Haverhill Public Library
Haverhill, MA 01913
Email submissions are strongly preferred, please do not call about this job.