Laconia Public Library is seeking a full-time Library Assistant. The position is 40 hours per week and includes some evening and Saturday hours.
Duties include cataloging; children’s services; circulation; readers’ advisory; and hands-on technical assistance.
· Demonstrated enthusiasm for working with children.
· Cataloging experience.
· Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to speak and write effectively.
· Ability to utilize automated circulation system and to execute circulation policies and procedures.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Flexibility to deal with multiple tasks, and to extend courtesy to customers, sometimes under trying circumstances.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. A high school diploma and the equivalent of three years progressive library experience will be considered.
Salary: Minimum $16.50 per hour with excellent benefits.
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
Director Randy Brough
Laconia Public Library
695 Main Street
Laconia, NH. 03246