Title: Children’s Library Assistant (full-time)
Description: The primary purpose of this position is to participate in the operation of the Children’s Room, including assisting patrons, planning and executing storytimes and programs, promoting children’s services, and maintaining the orderliness of the collection.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated ability to engage children and work well with families.
- Knowledge of children’s literature and an interest in promoting early literacy.
- Experience planning successful and engaging programs for children.
- Comfort with technology and leaning new programs.
- Strong desktop publishing skills including demonstrated familiarity with social media, and a flair for PR.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Key characteristics include innovative, collaborative, dynamic, creative, energetic, enthusiastic and showing initiative.
Full job description available at http://www.amherstlibrary.org/about/employment-opportunities
Compensation: $16.98/ hour to start
Competitive benefits package includes paid time off, health/ dental/ disability insurance, educational assistance, 457(b) deferred compensation plan, pre-tax flex spending account
To apply, email resumé, letter of interest, and three references to:
Amy Lapointe, Library Director
with “application” in the subject line
Review of applications will begin immediately.
The Amherst Town Library actively supports the professional growth and development of all staff members. We pride ourselves on our professionalism, our commitment to customer service, and our dedication to having fun.