Geisel Library at Saint Anselm College, Manchester NH has part-time, evening/weekend Circulation and Periodicals Information Desk Supervisor positions available. These positions work during the academic year and perform a variety of duties that include: checking out library materials using an automated library circulation and security system, supervising student assistants, aiding patrons with photocopying, scanning, and printing, maintenance of the library collection including shelving materials and shelf reading, assisting with the security of users and collections, opening/closing the library, and other projects as assigned. Throughout the academic year additional weekday and weekend hours may be possible. See the Saint Anselm College employment page for a list of positions: http://www.anselm.edu/About-Saint-Anselm/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.htm
- Able to work independently and follow directions
- Reliable and dependable attendance, including the ability to work during severe weather events
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve patron concerns and difficulties with tact, courtesy, and sound judgment
- Flexibility to assist in occasional coverage of other shifts
- Proven history of working in a team environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Demonstrated capacity for embracing change and new initiatives, programs, and services
- Strong office and computer skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
Requirements include an Associate degree plus 1-2 years of relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory experience
- Library Circulation Desk experience
- Experience working with automated library computer systems, preferably Innovative Interfaces.