Cataloging Librarian Position
This position is responsible for coordinating the receipt, cataloging and processing of library materials in all formats for the Pease Public Library.
- Catalogs library materials, performs original and copy cataloging.
- Maintains an accurate database of library holdings.
- Physically processes items being added to and withdrawn from the library collection.
- Maintains consistency in the catalog classification and processing of library materials.
- Maintains statistics on the collection inventory and technical services activity. Provides periodic reports about this information to the Library Director and Board of Trustees.
- Assists in supervising library volunteers.
- Assists patrons at the circulation desk as needed; checks materials in and out; issues library cards.
- Keeps up to date on local and national developments related to cataloging via professional literature, workshops and conferences.
- Knowledge Required by the Position:
- Knowledge of Library policies, procedures and public service commitment.
- Knowledge of cataloging rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal Classification system.
- Knowledge of recent job-related technology and software programs.
- Knowledge of library purchasing procedures.
- Skill in planning.
- Skill in report preparation.
- Skill in written and interpersonal communication.
Scope of Work:
The purpose of this position is to manage how the library receives, catalogs and processes its materials. Successful performance is essential to the effective and efficient operation of the library. Much of the work will be done independently, without peer interaction. Circulation Desk duties, though limited, entail a customer service mind set.
Cataloging experience is a must. The ability to multi-task and offer excellent customer service to our library patrons is required. Master’s degree in Library Science preferred.
A background check must be completed after an offer of hire has been made.
Benefits: Excellent health insurance. We are part of the NH State Retirement System.
Hours: This is a full- time 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates please submit your resume and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Diane Lynch, Library Director
Pease Public Library
1 Russell Street
Plymouth, NH 03264
We will be accepting resumés through Sept 8, 2017.
No phone calls, please.