PART TIME - LIBRARY ASSISTANT/ COMPUTER LAB EVENING SUPERVISOR: Haverhill Campus; Non-Unit Professional; 18 hours per week; Monday - Thursday, 4:30PM-9:00PM;
Anticipated Start Date: Late August 2017
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Bentley Library at Northern Essex Community College in Haverhill, MA is looking for a part time Library Technology Assistant to provide technology assistance to students in a new, modern computer lab. The success candidate will be monitoring the users of the lab, assisting with questions related to the use of academic technology, and keeping accurate records of data related to the operation of the lab. Additional library-related responsibilities may be assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
NECC has embraced and adopted Information Literacy as one of its Core Academic Skills, and is committed to broadening the impact that the library has across the campus. The college has realigned its student computer labs with library services, and this position will be influential in making that program a success. As the emphasis on academic technology has increased, the library is looking for a person with experience using the Blackboard LMS, and is comfortable instructing students within this environment. This is an excellent opportunity for some interested in the library services field, or who is currently enrolled in a library science program.
Duties for this position include:
- Assist students with technology related questions in a lab-based setting within the library.
- Provide in-person, online, phone and email assistance to students, staff, and faculty.
- Serve as a resource for students and staff working with Blackboard, Microsoft Office, and other applications aimed at academic student success.
- Utilize document, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, presentation, and other software.
- Use independent judgment and work effectively as part of a team or individually.
- Present a welcoming, pleasant demeanor in a busy public services position.
- Assure that students requesting to use the walk in computer are registered and eligible.
- Enforce policies, overseeing proper use of lab resources to include responsible printing.
- Assist with computer lab usage statistics, and preparing regular administrative reports.
- Assist with inventory of computer lab supplies to insure continuous operation.
- Assist staff in the development of policies related to the library computer lab.
- Communicate professionally with other departments at the college on issues related to library computer lab.
- Supervise student employees/interns and oversee their work.
- Be the sole staff member responsible for walk in lab's closing procedures
- Other duties related to the operation of a computer lab in an academic library setting.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be proficient with Microsoft Office, and comfortable working in a MS Windows-based and Apple/Mac environment.
- Must have the ability to provide high quality customer service in an academic setting.
- Candidate must possess a strong customer service focus.
- A candidate who has successfully completed some credit-bearing college courses.
- Training or experience in providing library services is highly desirable.
- Experience in an academic library is highly desirable.
- $17.64 per hour
TO APPLY GO TO: http://necc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=87674