Type: Part Time
Posted: Aug. 9, 2017
Oversee the library circulation desk and perform various duties including: Opening/closing the library, using an automated library circulation and security system to check library materials in & out, supervise student assistants, assist library users with photocopying, scanning, printing, and wireless access. This is a part-time 12-15 hours per week position, 9 months a year.
- Provides excellent customer service support including: assisting with general library and non-library questions and concerns; handling routine circulation transactions; overseeing the smooth operation of library services in accordance with library policies; maintaining a safe and secure environment for library users.
- Reliable and dependable attendance, including the ability to work during severe weather events.
- Ability to resolve patron concerns and difficulties with tact, courtesy, and sound judgment.
- Flexibility to assist in occasional coverage of other shifts.
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service experience required.
- Library experience preferred.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.