Full-time, Tenure Track, Faculty Librarian, Hartness Library
- Provide reference services for students and faculty in-person at Vermont Tech and online for Vermont Tech and Community College of Vermont.
- Provide bibliographic and information literacy instruction.
- Serve as Library liaison and collection developer for assigned specific subject areas.
- Coordinating development of the broader collection working with the Library Director, Hartness reference staff and Vermont Tech Faculty.
- Developing, promoting, and coordinating bibliographic instruction and reference services at Vermont Tech.
- Working with other librarians at Hartness VTC/CCV, within the VSC and outside the VSC.
- Acting as liaison between the Library and Vermont Tech Faculty.
- Scholarly and professional activity.
- Service to College and the community.
Masters degree from a degree program with American Library Association (A.L.A.) accreditation. Three years of relevant academic library experience. Teaching experience, demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Experience working with students and colleagues in an online environment using current technologies.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled or by date specified. However, applications received after the initial screening will be considered at the discretion of the College.
Vermont Tech strongly encourages applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds. Vermont Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the Vermont State Colleges system. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
NOTE: This job is subject to a fingerprint-supported criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
VSC Faculty Federation bargaining unit, full-time, tenure track
About Vermont Technical College:
Vermont Technical college offers a wide range of associate, baccalaureate, and master's degree programs in such areas as engineering technology, computer sciences, nursing and allied health, agriculture, business, professional studies, using face-to-face, online, and interactive videoconferencing technologies at multiple campuses and sites state-wide.
In addition, the College delivers numerous certificate programs to students and customized training programs for employers. The College prides itself on the quality of the education experience provided to students and their success after graduation.
Vermont Tech provides career-focused, technical, and specialized education in a caring community which prepares students for immediate workplace success and continued learning.