- Performs the function of administrative assistant to the library director, including scheduling appointments, correspondence, word processing, answering the telephone, making telephone inquiries, preparing publicity/signs, daily errands, etc.
- Prepares meeting notices for the monthly trustees meetings .Types up the minutes for the board’s secretary for the monthly trustees meetings, arranges material relating to the meeting and sets up the refreshments. Attends all board meetings to serve as recording secretary.
- Acts as liaison and provides support to library peripheral groups, i.e., the Friends and the Whittier Club.
- Maintains the library’s general correspondence files. Types forms, updates mailing lists, prepares bulk mailings, and occasionally assists other staff with typing requests.
- Schedules the library’s monthly art exhibits (publicity and signage).
- Prepares outgoing mail. Maintains postage meter, fax, and office copier. Keeps office supplies in stock and fills orders as needed, including toner and paper for two copiers.
- Works with all levels of staff and management. Handles confidential material.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required by the Director.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact tactfully and appropriately with a wide variety of people. Must be able to handle confidential materials with the utmost of care.
- Knowledge of/experience in a non-profit or municipal office environment
- Ability to balance many tasks and meet deadlines effectively
- Ability to push or pull carts.
- Ability to perform a moderate amount of bending, squatting, lifting, and stretching.
- Ability to use a stepladder or stool.
- Ability to use voice communication system to answer the telephone.
- Ability to use keyboard or computer workstation for extended periods of time.
Salary: $16.42-19.59/hr, Part Time 19hrs/week, non-benefitted
Closing Date: December 22, 2017
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resumé to:
Haverhill Public Library
99 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Email submissions are strongly preferred, do not call about this job.