Anticipated Start date: January 2018
ABOUT THE COLLEGE: Northern Essex Community College serves approximately 6,000 credit students each semester on two campuses located in the beautiful, historic Merrimack Valley region of northeast Massachusetts. Our suburban Haverhill campus sits on 106 acres near Kenoza Lake and features a new Technology Center and an awardwinning Student One-Stop Center. Our urban Lawrence campus is growing rapidly, including a new Health Technologies Center and additional leased space at Riverwalk Properties. Both campuses are a short drive to Boston and to the beaches and state parks along the coast.
NECC has been building an organizational culture that prizes initiative and innovation, and seeks to identify and develop the strengths in students, faculty, staff, and programs in order to grow and improve. We are also committed to the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Our Lawrence campus was the first college in New England designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. We have significantly increased the diversity of our faculty over the last ten years, and are one of four Massachusetts colleges participating in the national achieving the Dream initiative, which aims to improve success for low-income students and students of color at community colleges.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The professional candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality research assistance to students and faculty in an active academic environment.
- assisting students with information literacy and academic technology needs in a computer lab setting within the library
- providing key support in access services using Evergreen ILS
- Being part of a dedicated service team.
- Participating in occasional library instruction activities
- Master's degree in Library Science with recent work experience in a library setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and in the searching of electronic resources.
- Ability to work independently and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- $28.29 per hour
- No fringe benefits
TO APPLY: http://necc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=93112
DEADLINE: January 17, 2018
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action