Reporting to the Library Director and collaborating with the Town of Raymond and the full Library staff, the Assistant Director assists in the administration and supervision of Library operations, manages Library point-of-contact services and related workflows, and collaborates in the management of acquisition, systems, and technical services.
Primary duties include:
- Welcoming Library patrons;
- Providing reference, readers’ advisory, and minor technology help;
- Monitoring usage of the building, making occasional rounds, serving as a visible presence in physical spaces;
- Collaborating with the Director to recommend and establish long-term goals and objectives for Library service;
- Collaborating with the Director in managing a Library point-of-service team focused on providing Library instruction and reference services;
- Facilitating the interlibrary loan (ILL) program.
- Full-time (40 hours per week), including two evenings per week;
- In some circumstances, it may be important to assist during adverse weather and emergencies to ensure essential services and service points are covered.
- MLS or equivalent degree;
- 3-5 years of experience in Library leadership;
- Proven collaboration, communication, people skills, and a demonstrated commitment to working with and serving the needs of a diverse and wide range of individuals;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to become proficient with various software and technology appropriate to libraries;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to instruct and train patrons and staff;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work at a high rate of accuracy;
- Ability to provide coverage during instances of adverse weather and emergency situations to ensure services and service points are covered;
- Ability to work independently with initiative, as well as be a part of a team.
- Pay Range: $34,800 to $40,390, plus benefits, subject to qualifications and experience.