The Student Success Librarian provides leadership for faculty, staff and administration to ensure that instructional programs, resources and services promote the welfare and best interests of students in a manner consistent with the Learning Commons mission and core values of the college.
Required Credentials, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree from an accredited program
- Work experience teaching interactive database instruction at an academic library
- Ability to identify and implement new technologies to improve library services; knowledge of and experience with instructional technology and video tutorials
- Flexibility with and adaptability to offer support in the creation and assessment of Open Education Resources, and Electronic Materials.
- Interest in and ability to identify and leverage new technologies and their applications to education
- This position will collaborate with colleagues in the library and across campus to instruct, engage and support our students’ success in the full range of library services and resources.
- Provide instruction via online tutorials, the learning management systems and online technologies
- Serves as the library contact for the Graduate & Professional Studies students in their processes of their professional development
- Working knowledge of OCLC World Share catalog is helpful
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Professionally represent the Learning Commons and the College in person and online
This is a full-time 12-month position, committed to customer service, diversity, emerging technologies, empathy and social responsibility. An employee of the Becker College Learning Commons will be able to adapt and embrace the College initiatives and apply them to their daily outlook.
To apply, visit Becker College's Career Opportunities page at https://www.becker.edu/about/work-at-becker/