Starts: June 1, 2018
Salary: $16.80/hour with no benefits
- Assure the efficient functioning of the library’s day-to-day operations while maintaining a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Maintain the library collection in accordance with policies established by the Board [of Trustees], with authority delegated by the Board, to select, acquire and discard books and other materials.
- Maintain a complete and accurate catalog of all library materials.
- Assist the Board in developing goals and objectives.
- Supervise library staff and make recommendations to the Board regarding their hiring and dismissal.
- Schedule and maintain records for all library work, including the numbers of items added and withdrawn and circulation statistics.
- Act as public spokesperson for the library and liaison with town officials and government agencies.
- Recommend to the Board changes and revisions to the library policies as needed.
- Assist with the development and presentation of the annual budget, including making recommendations to the Board about capital expenditures, and assist the treasurer in preparing reports.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree required, MLS preferred
- Experience and skill in a wide range of library functions
- Conversant in technology and able to assist patrons
Send resume and cover letter to:
Brown Memorial Library
78 West Main Street
Bradford, NH 03221
or e-mail to: email@example.com