The NH Library Jobline blog contains listings for jobs in all types of libraries in New Hampshire.
Weeks Public Library
The Weeks Public Library is located in the Town of Greenland, a seacoast community in Rockingham County bordering Portsmouth and the Great Bay. The town is looking forward this fall to celebrating its three-hundredth anniversary. The town’s population as of the 2019 census was 4,120. Greenland’s location makes it an ideal place to settle — given the seashore and nearby mountains which offer numerous outdoor recreational activities including walking, hiking and snow sports.
Due to a pending retirement of the Library Director on July 1, 2021, the trustees of the Weeks Public Library are seeking an experienced and dedicated Library Director to lead a long-tenured, collegial staff in the expanded and newly renovated Library. The trustees are seeking a new Director to work with the community to make the Library a resource that is overflowing with opportunities for engagement. We seek a leader with a strong vision for the future of libraries and willing to move the Weeks Library forward in its new space. We hope our new Director will be outgoing and have diverse library experience, as well as enthusiasm for working in a small community.
The Library Director will be responsible for the smooth, daily functioning of the Library and manage all of its operations and activities. In consultation with the five-member Board of Trustees, the Director will establish the broad goals of the Library and the framework within which its day-to-day activities will take place. A full job description is located on the Library website https://weekslibrary.org/.
This is a unique opportunity for a new Director who will realize the dream of the members of the community who have worked so hard to create a library that merges the historic building that was built in 1897 with a state-of-the-art addition of 8,700-square foot two-story facility. The new building has meeting room spaces, an adult area as well as a teen area and children’s room. The Greenland Central School is adjacent to the Library and the Library is a substantial resource to the children of Greenland.
· A Master’s degree in Library Science/Information from an institution accredited by the American Library Association (ALA).
· A minimum of three years leading and managing a professional team. Previous experience as a director, acting director or assistant director in a public library is highly desirable.
· Exceptional communication skills and the ability to promote the vision and needs of the library.
· Skilled at building budgets, tracking funds, and identifying funding needs.
· Experience in developing and implementing library policies and strategic plans.
· Dedication to professional development.
· Knowledge of ALA policies, NH Library RSAs, and Department of Labor Laws.
· Ability to be creative regarding the role and activities of a community library.
· Familiarity with current library software and technologies, as well as social media platforms.
· Working with a new facility and engaging the community in optimizing its resources.
· Enthusiasm and experience for promoting the library to the greater community.
Salary range - $51,000-55,000
Benefits offered include – health, dental, paid vacation and sick leave
Applicants should submit their resume, letter of interest, and three references by May 14th to:
or send to
Weeks Public Library
P.O. Box 430
36 Post Road
Greenland, NH 03840
Library Director - Search Extended
Brookline Public Library - Brookline, NH
Due to a pending retirement the Brookline Public Library in Brookline, NH is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Library Director to lead a heavily utilized community resource into the future. We seek a leader with a strong vision for the future of libraries, dedication to providing exceptional service, passion for technology and innovation, and proven experience in motivating and supporting teams. This is a two-year position with the potential to continue after the term ends.
Brookline is a friendly, fast-growing community of about 5,000 residents, located thirty minutes from both Manchester and Nashua, NH and one hour from Boston. The library building is situated on the Town’s historic Main Street.
The Brookline Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resumé, and three (3) professional reference contacts to Library.Trustees@brooklinenh.us or mail to Brookline Public Library, Attn: Kim Rogers, 16 Main Street, Brookline, NH 03033.