The public services assistant provides reference, reader's advisory, technology training, and other assistance to library patrons. Oversees student use of the library. Supports circulation and cataloging tasks, including interlibrary loans, holds, reserves, and shelving.
This is a part-time position that requires evening and weekend hours. When school is in session, the Library typically closes at 9:30 pm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree and one year of library experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Outstanding organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, produce detailed work, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• A highly collaborative working style.
• Excellent customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to excellent service to a diverse group of users, both internal and external.
• Strong computer skills and ability to find and learn new programs independently.
• Ability to work collegially in small groups and a team environment.
• Ability to think critically, analyze problems, and develop and implement creative solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Position is 20-24 hours per week when school is in session, roughly September-beginning of June.
To see full job description and to apply, please visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/STP1001STPS/JobBoard/badf958b-b108-48e8-8455-d7fc27df1c40/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=4a888f7c-4c10-42a4-9e7c-a25a87442f39
Position is open until filled.